Monday, December 25, 2006

when we think of...

When we think of Christmas what do we really expect? I know we have the religious meaning of when Christ was born..But as asociety, what do we expect right now? We are at war, our economy is supposedly rising but most of us are struggling to make amends after forking out half a kidney when nothing was everything..So what do we expect..Its bad when we have to work extra hours to get our child that expensive game-psp, wii, ps3 or whatever..its even worse when you cant afford it right?..do we expect to be able to get everyone a gift..what about those who are recovering from last years devastations? What about those that have no idea where their family may be..what about the people who have no one to visit them...or feel like no one even gives a rats arse about them..
Its very hard for me to get into the holiday spirit as I have had a rough year..But I do so for my son..and for those around me, for those that are less fortunate..for those who I know could have it alot worse than myself..While many of us whine about not getting that BIG RING, PRADA Bag, or that vacation to Fiji we wanted..Guess what, Its been years since I received a gift..and didnt get one this year..In all honesty, it would have been nice, I probably would have cried, because of the thought that someone thought about me..
Being a single mom,its hard as hell, have my parents to help me out, and theyve been there even when I really WANT to do it myself and most of the time I will..But I do receive my gift every day that I wake up and see his smile,or listen to him sing some song that I cant get out of my head for a week, or sad to say when the cat is running from him and he's yelling Baby dont leave, I'll change..Or see him do the D-Generation X thingy from Wresting and pass gas..He would so die if he saw this..and disclaimer never said my family was normal..Last night we were almost peeing on ourselves laughing having snot tissue fights with his tissue, while it may be gross to some, its a moment for me..Its my Christmas..While I feel like Ive been beat up, hog tied and beat up again everytime I try to stand up, its my present to see that my son can smile at what he was fortunate enough to get even if mommy did have to give her kidneys,bladder, colon, and right eye...Merry CHRISTmas..and the blogs will come more often now..we will pick up where I was supposed to start off..oh and in the process of building a website for careers,resume,employment,work at home,etc etc..and shopping of course..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas.
I understand the ever-present paradoxes and ironies that surround this time of the year and I look forward to reading more posts.

Therapist Mumbles said...

We think in generalities, but we live in detail.