Tuesday, January 9, 2007

always when you least expect it

I was given the news that my cousin is pregnant. This is the cousin that we always thought would probably never have kids, because of medical problems that unfortunately run in our family. Having the same medical problems, I chose to not aggressively attempt to treat mine at a younger age. And now as well, because of the fear of never being able to have another child. I have the dream of having another baby, would love to give my husband-future husband- a child. I have an 11 year old, that I gave birth to at 16, with my mother being the 'control freak' she is, the experience of motherhood was never something that was offered for me.
When my mother told me, I had chills run down my body, I was and still am soo excited for her, Im even threatening her to sit down and rest or else from 300 miles away almost but still. For a few years they had been trying to conceive, did one round of fertility drugs, which we all just remembered 5 minutes ago..and we joked about the nightmares and scary times if she did have twins, it was all a good laugh. Her brother screamed when she called him at work, her younger brother,almost passed out. But we are all in the end soo happy for her, I cant say I could picture her as a mother, possibly because we believed that it was something that would never happen maybe. I dont know, but I am so anxious and excited, and antsy for her moment. They stopped trying to conceive, her husband told her "maybe you need to go test yourself because babe, you're being pretty mean and you're eating everything." And wouldnt you know. Here comes baby, or two. Her mother, my aunt, said noooo ONE HEALTHY BABY!! They have also forgot twins run in our family-my mothers a twin, and fertility drugs, hmm, its not looking too good. But still its exciting to see someone else's dream come true when they least expected it.

No comments: